DVD Region Encoding identifies specific DVDs that are compatible with players normally sold in the same region. Most DVD titles play in only one specific region unless specially formatted.
The majority of DVDs offered at Tower.com are coded for Region 1 (U.S. and Canada) or Region A (for Blu-Ray DVDs.) However, we also offer a selection of international DVD titles coded for Regions 0-6. It is important to note these differences, as specific formats may not work on DVD players formatted in your residing country.
To ensure that customers are able to distinguish their correct region code, we have equipped all of our DVD/Video product pages to include visible region identification.
The DVD classification system is divided into six major geographical regions, with one additional region reserved for uncoded titles.
Please see the Global Region Code charts below for information on which region works for you!
- REGION 0: Discs are uncoded and can be played Worldwide
- REGION 1: U.S., Canada
- REGION 2: Japan, Europe, South Africa, the Middle East
- REGION 3: South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong, parts of South East Asia
- REGION 4: Australia, New Zealand, Pacific Islands, Latin America (including Mexico)
- REGION 5: Former Soviet Union, India, Africa, North Korea
- REGION 6: China
HD-DVD, UMD FOR PSP & Blu-Ray DVDs
- REGION A/1: North America, Central America, South America, Japan, North Korea, South Korea, Taiwan, Hong Kong and Southeast Asia.
- REGION B/2: Europe, Greenland, French territories, the Middle East, Africa, Australia and New Zealand.
- REGION C/3: India, China, Russia, Central and South Asia.
Return to the Top